Cause for concern

RELATED COVERAGE: This is a crisis: community outrage at public meeting

McLean Street residents Dave and Vera Medew, like many Morwell residents, have been inundated with ash sneaking into their house and falling onto their cars.

“When Dave’s been driving during day and night time, you can see the ash falling down on the windscreen,” Ms Medew said.

“Every day we wash the house down, we have to put the hose on the house to wash the ash off it.”

In addition to the ash, Ms Medew said she could smell smoke inside, but it was nowhere near as bad as outside.

“We keep the windows closed but you can still smell it inside,” Ms Medew said.

“We’re sick of the smoke, last time the fire was on it was out within two days.”

To limit exposure to smoke, the couple have remained indoors.

For more smoke and fire coverage turn to pages 2-5