Moe fire ‘not suspicious’

A fire at an automotive paint workshop in Moe on Tuesday morning has been deemed ‘not suspicious’.

On Tuesday CFA District 27 Operations Officer Paul Fixter told The Express 13 fire trucks responded to reports of a fire at a Narracan Drive automotive paint workshop about 1am.

He said the 30 metre by 15m building – which was vacant at the time – was well alight on arrival.

Firefighters wore full structural uniforms and donned a breathing apparatus as a preventative measure due to the content of the building.

“Firefighters were able to stop the spread of the fire to adjoining buildings, while dealing with a roof collapse, partial roof collapse and minor explosions from flammable paint products,” Mr Fixter said.

Speaking yesterday following investigations, Mr Fixter said the fire was “definitely not suspicious”.

“We believe that it was started by an electrical fault,” he said.

RELATED COVERAGE: Moe fire under investigation