A CAMPFIRE is believed to be the cause of a fire at the pine plantation on Scrubby Lane, Traralgon on Monday, November 20 at 5.20pm.
Smoke was noticed coming from the base of a pine tree in the area, and shortly after Traralgon Country Fire Authority (CFA) attended the scene.
The CFA contained the fire to a 30 metre by 50 metre area.
After investigation, it was concluded that the fire likely began from a spark from a nearby campfire that had not been extinguished. A sudden gust of wind carried a spark from the fire and ignited the area.
Police would like to remind people to ensure any fires that are lit are properly extinguished.
AN explosion and fire was observed at a residential property backyard shed at Gundaroo Place in Churchill on Friday, November 17 at 5.25pm.
A five-year-old was located in possession of a lighter after being left unattended in the shed.
It is believed that the explosion occurred as a result of the lighter being used on an aerosol can.
The CFA attended and put the fire out. No one was injured. However, there was some
minor damage to some personal items in the shed.
The child was offered a place in a juvenile fire prevention program, which was accepted.
People evading police intercept
THERE has been a notable increase in people evading police in motor vehicles over the last week.
Police want to remind people that in doing so they are causing danger to other motorists, and will face more serious charges for taking measures to evade police intercept.
Extra patrols over the holiday period
POLICE will be continuing extra patrols over the holiday period, both on the roads and at local nightclub precincts.
Locals can expect police to be more visible on the roads, and extra drug and alcohol testing to take place.
They want to remind motorists to take regular breaks when travelling long distances, and to not take risks on the roads.
Be aware of fatigue while driving and drink responsibly.