The person who allegedly threw a drink container at Australian hip hop artist Illy during a Traralgon performance on Saturday night was from outside Gippsland, according to the venue owner.
It comes as the rapper scheduled another local show to make up for Saturday night’s performance which was cut short following the incident.
Inferno nightclub owner Andrew Panayiotou said staff had used CCTV footage in conjunction with the venue’s ID scanner to identify the perpetrator.
Mr Panayiotou said according to the person’s driver’s licence, they resided outside the Gippsland area, however he would not specify which town.
He said the person was now banned indefinitely from the venue and staff had passed on footage and the person’s name to police.
Traralgon police said yesterday, the incident was not under investigation as Illy had not made a statement.
Illy aired his thoughts through his Facebook page on Sunday, saying he was hit with a glass an inch beneath his eye five songs into his performance at Inferno on Saturday.
“We’re on stage to smash, but not at the expense of personal safety,” his post stated.
“If that hit me square in the eye and broke, who knows? It wasn’t far off.”
The show ended after the incident, but Illy vowed to reschedule the performance at no extra cost.
Mr Panayiotou announced yesterday a show had been rescheduled for Saturday, 8 November at Inferno and last week’s ticketholders would receive free entry.
He maintained the venue’s position that Illy was hit with a plastic cup, rather than a glass, as claimed by Illy.
New tickets for Illy’s November show are also available to pre-purchased for $30, plus a booking fee at oztix.com.au