Hackers send bomb threat to school

A BOMB threat sent from a hacked student email at St Paul’s Anglican Grammar School prompted student evacuation warnings at Traralgon and Warragul campuses yesterday.

The school was alerted that a student account was compromised and email messages, some referencing a bomb threat, were sent to members of the school community.

In a statement, St Paul’s Anglican Grammar School principal Lisa Moloney said a number of safety actions were put in place at the advice of police.

She said this included holding students at evacuation points upon arrival at school until the grounds were declared safe by police.

“Our initial investigations indicate that the hackers had no connection to the school community,” she said.

“We are certain that all family information and data has remained secure.”

Ms Moloney said the school was disturbed by the matter and would be thoroughly investigating how such an event was possible and was seeking advice about how to improve system security.

All school classes and activities were operating as usual by 9am at Warragul and in Traralgon a short time after.

Police investigate fatal Traralgon crash

A WOMAN is dead and two others are seriously injured after a vehicle collision in the west-end of Traralgon on Tuesday afternoon.

Victoria Police said a silver Holden Commodore sedan was travelling east on Old Melbourne Road when it collided with a west-bound blue Holden Commodore station wagon about 200 metres west on Airfield Road about 12.15pm.

Ambulance Victoria said the 45 year-old passenger in the sedan died at the scene.

Emergency services freed two other women from their vehicles. The driver of the sedan, a 40 year-old woman, suffered a suspected fractured pelvis and collapsed lung and was air-lifted to the Royal Melbourne Hospital, and remained in a serious condition on Wednesday afternoon.

The 30 year-old woman driving the station wagon reported chest pain and suffered ankle and wrist fractures and was taken to Latrobe Regional Hospital in a stable condition.

She was reported to still be in hospital on Wednesday.

Major Collision Investigation Unit Detective Sergeant Andrew Lawrence said they were investigating speed, manner of driving and whether drugs or alcohol were involved.

“Nobody has been arrested or charged and we will continue our investigation with both drivers in due course,” Det Sgt Lawrence said.

Anyone with information is urged to phone Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000 or make a confidential report at www.crimestoppersvic.com.au