An earth movement in the Hazelwood mine on Wednesday morning is being investigated after overburden waste became displaced in the eastfield eastern batters of the mine, site owner ENGIE has confirmed.
While the cause of the movement is yet to be determined, ENGIE said WorkSafe Victoria and the Department of Economic Development Jobs and Transport Resources – Earth Resources and Regulation had been notified of the incident.
“There was no one in the vicinity at the time of the incident, with no injury to personnel or damage to plant,” the statement read.
The immediate area has been cordoned off.
The statement said the incident occurred in the early hours of Wednesday morning, 27 September.
Hazelwood power station closed at the end of March, however a number of workers remain at the site undertaking rehabilitation works.