Primary school burglary

Bryce Eishold

A girl has been interviewed by police after allegedly stealing two iPads from a St Gabriel’s Primary School classroom on Saturday night.

Police said a window was smashed at the Rangeview Drive, Traralgon school between 4pm and 8pm on Saturday before the girl allegedly entered the building.

Investigators said the iPads were smashed and left on the school grounds after the offenders were unable to unlock the devices.

The incident has left the school more than $1000 out of pocket, police said.

A 15-year-old girl is assisting police with their investigations while another girl is yet to be interviewed by police.

Police were also investigating another matter at the school after shards of glass were left at the bottom of a slide and found on Monday morning.

Morwell armed robbery

Detectives are investigating following an armed robbery at the Top Pub in Morwell on Tuesday night.

Police said two men armed with weapons entered the Princes Drive premises about 8.45pm where they made a demand for cash.

Staff gave the men an amount of cash before they fled the scene, police said.

“No one inside the venue was physically injured during the incident,” a Victoria Police spokeswoman said.

People with information should phone Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000 or report online at

Goat stolen again

A milking goat being held as police evidence at the Gippy Goat Café in Yarragon went missing for the second time on Friday night after it was allegedly stolen by animal activists in December.

The white doe was one of several head of livestock taken from the property just before Christmas and had been recovered by police along with a lamb from a Koo Wee Rup property in January.

Gippy Goat owner John Gommans said they noticed the doe was gone on Friday morning after they searched the property for her. He said security camera footage showed people entering the property at about 1.20am.

Warragul police are investigating the incident and have been given the security camera footage.

Six people have been charged and bailed in relation to the December incident. They will face the Latrobe Valley Magistrates’ Court on February 18.