The doors are once again open to visitors at Bupa Traralgon’s aged care facility after a recent gastroenteritis outbreak was contained.
The facility said several elderly residents at the home were struck by the virus but it had since been declared ‘gastro-free’.
“A number of our residents at Bupa Traralgon had been treated for gastroenteritis,” Bupa Traralgon general manager Kirstin Fox said.
“In accordance (with recommendations) we asked people to avoid making any non-essential movements in or out of the aged care home while we contained the virus.
“(It) has since been contained and we are welcoming visitors.”
The closure of the facility to the community in late August was part of Bupa’s stringent measures to prevent the spread of the bug to the outside.
While the general public was advised not to visit the facility, doctors and other health professionals were permitted to do so.
The Department of Health confirmed appropriate actions had been taken by Bupa to contain the virus and reopened to visitors on Monday.
“The health and wellbeing of our residents is our priority, and we thank the public for their patience during (the outbreak),”Ms Fox said.